Miami Criminal Defense Attorney: Dealing With Probation Violations in Florida
What is probation, and what happens if it is violated?
Florida code chapter 948 deals with Probation and defines it as:
(1) “Administrative probation” means a form of noncontact supervision in which an offender who presents a low risk of harm to the community may, upon satisfactory completion of half the term of probation, be transferred by the Department of Corrections to non-reporting status until expiration of the term of supervision.
Violating the conditions of probation can land the offender in serious trouble because they have already been convicted of a crime and have been given leniency by the court.
Conditions of Probation
The conditions of Probation all will vary according to what is worked out with the court and judge. Generally Probation means that a person is assigned a Probation Officer who they are required to meet with on a regular basis, and who may check in on them unannounced to ensure that they are not in violation of their Probation.
Conditions of Probation usually include any of the following:
- Being prohibited from associating with any known criminals
- Attending court ordered classes
- Attending regular meetings with Probation Officer
- Registering place of residence with the court
- Not being able to change residence without permission of the court
A person who has been sentenced to probation has much less protection under the law because they are already an offender, so it is very important to have the services of a competent criminal attorney who can provide as much protection as possible.
Miami Criminal Defense Attorney, Evan Hoffman has experience not only as a criminal defender, but also a former prosecutor. To give yourself the best chance at beating your charges of probation violation call us today (305) 249-0090 or contact us online.
Evan A. Hoffman
Mr. Hoffman’s philosophy is "our knowledge and experience is your best defense." He has been a featured author on criminal law issues such as driving under the influence, domestic violence and illegal searches.Read More
Attorney featured on:
If you received any kind of traffic violation in the Miami area call The Hoffman Firm today.Find out more