Cases In The News
With years of experience as a Florida state prosecutor, Attorney Evan Hoffman has extensive knowledge in defending those facing criminal charges throughout the city of Miami and surrounding areas of Florida. Evan Hoffman of The Hoffman Firm has a respectable reputaton in tackle a wide range of cases from felony criminal defense and DUI cases to minor traffic violations, and everything in between. Evan's fierce and aggressive demeanor has garnished media attention throughout Florida. In lieu of the media attention, Evan is dedicated to getting justice for every one of his clients - even when the stakes are high. Attorney Evan Hoffman also has a second convenient office located in Fort Lauderdale, FL / Broward County.
For all media inquiries or requests, please contact the Public Relations Department of The Hoffman Firm.
66 W Flagler St #950, Miami, FL 33130
Tel: (305) 249-0090
High Profile Cases
Lacy Marine Morris, 32, was arrested on May 2 following a Key West crash that killed off-duty Delray Beach police officer Christine Braswell and left Officer Bernenda Marc critically injured. Miami criminal defense lawyer Evan A. Hoffman is defending Morris, who was being held in a Broward County jail but will face charges in Monroe County.
- "Lawyer: Driver Lacy Morris, arrested in fatal crash that killed officer, is distraught & scared" WPTV - 3 May 2017
- "Woman accused of DUI crash that killed Delray officer will be sent back to Key West" Sun Sentinel - 3 May 2017
- "Police Arrest Driver Involved In Crash That Killed Officer" CBS [Miami] - 2 May 2017
- "Police Arrest Woman Wanted in Key West Crash That Killed Delray Beach Cop" NBC [Miami] - 2 May 2017
Mayor Carjacked Outside of Home
Demarcus Paige, 17, is facing charges of armed carjacking and aggravated assault after having allegedly robbed Sanford Mayor, Jeff Triplett. Triplett claims that the minor and 2 other teenage males approached him in his driveway at gunpoint and made away with his wallet and car. Attorney Evan Hoffman will be defending Paige who is currently being held on secure detention.
- "Mayor of Town Where Trayvon Martin Died Carjacked Outside Home" CBS [Miami] - 16 June 2016
Attempted Armed Robbery and False Imprisonment with a Deadly Weapon
Livan Casola, 23, faces charges of attempted robbery and false imprisonment with a deadly weapon after he allegedly tried to rob a toll booth attendant armed with a knife on the morning of May 26th, 2016. Attorney Evan Hoffman will be defending Casola and holds that "Having seen the video, we obviously disagree with what the police report says. The video is pretty clear that there is no weapon in his hand, the lady was actually sleeping on the job." Casola has no prior criminal record in Miami - Dade County.
- "Man Arrested in Attempted Aremed Robbery on Miami Beach Parking Lot Attendant" NBC [Miami] - June 6, 2016
- "Suspect Accused of Robbing Parking-Lot Attendant Turns Himself In" Miami Harold - June 6, 2016
Marsel Oscar Reinoso
leaving the scene of a fatal automobile crash charge
Liberty City resident Marsel Oscar Reinoso, 33, surrendered to Opa Locka Police and was transferred to Miami Dade Police Department for interviews. Reinoso was later arrested on a charge of leaving the scene of a car crash involving death. The fatal car accident in which Reinoso fled from claimed the life of 84-year old David Contreras. Attorney Evan Hoffman will be defending Reinoso.
- "Arrested: man Wanted In Deadly Opa-Locka Hit & Run" CBS [Miami] - 25 March 2016
- "Suspect Surrenders in Opa-Locka Fatal Hit-and-Run" Miami Harold - 25 March 2016
Miami Police Officer Hits Two Civilians in Beach ATV Crash
Former Miami Beach Cop, Derrick Kuilan, 33, faced 4 felony charges after hitting 2 people with his department-issued ATV while off duty and allegedly impaired in July of 2011. Kuilan was acquitted of driving while intoxicated (DWI) and found not guilty by the jury of two counts of driving under the influence (DUI), and causing serious bodily harm, but he was eventually charged with reckless driving with serious bodily injury and another, lesser count, of reckless driving. Attorney Evan Hoffman's client avoided 5-10 years of prison, and was instead sentenced to 18-months in state prison.
- "Ex-Miami Beach Cop Won't Take Stand in DUI Trial" CBS [Miami] - June 4, 2014
- "Ex-Miami Beach Cop gets 18 months in ATV Joyride Case" Miami Harold - 2014