Medical marijuana is legal in the State of Florida when prescribed by a licensed medical professional for the treatment of specific medical conditions.
Patients who wish to use medical marijuana must approach a licensed medical professional and apply for their Compassionate Use Registry Identification Card. Once you are approved, you may only purchase marijuana from licensed distributors and may only possess amounts of marijuana equal to or less than you have been prescribed.Medical Marijuana Conditions
Conditions which qualify a patient to apply for the compassionate use of marijuana include:
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Crohn's disease
- Parkinson's disease
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Medical conditions of the same kind or class as or comparable to those above
- A terminal condition diagnosed by a physician other than the qualified physician issuing the physician certification
- Chronic non-malignant pain caused by a qualifying medical condition or that originates from a qualifying medical condition and persists beyond the usual course of that qualifying medical condition
It is the responsibility of the physician to determine a patient's eligibility for medical marijuana in accordance with state statute.Medical Marijuana Lawyer in Miami-Dade, FL
An attorney can assist you with navigating the complicated framework required to access medical marijuana in the State of Florida.
Miami-Dade attorney Evan A. Hoffman has experience handling medical marijuana applications. You can let him evaluate your case during a free initial consultation as soon as you call (305) 249-0090 or fill out an online contact form today.