Miami Sale or Delivery of a Controlled Substance Lawyer
Effective Criminal Defense Serving Miami
Possession of a controlled substance is an incredibly common criminal offense in Florida, but offenders face much more serious consequences if accused of selling or delivering an illegal drug. In many cases, sale or delivery of a controlled substance is a felony offense. Law enforcement officers do not need to witness the actual sales or deliveries in order to arrest people for these offenses, as many agencies rely on witnesses or confidential informants to testify that they witnessed the alleged sales or deliveries. If you were charged with this crime, get help from the Miami sale or deliver of a controlled substance lawyer at The Hoffman Firm.
Give us a call at (305) 928-1669 today if you are in Miami. Call us at 954-737-3004 if you are in Broward County.
Sale or Delivery of a Controlled Substance Charges in Florida
In Florida, it is illegal to sell, manufacture, or deliver, or possess with intent to sell, manufacture, or deliver, a controlled substance. Alleged violations of this statute are graded depending on the scheduling of the illegal drug involved.
- First degree misdemeanor: all Schedule V drugs
- Second degree felony: heroin, cocaine, methamphetamine, oxycodone, fentanyl, and others
- Third degree felony: cannabis, lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD), synthetic cannabinoids, anabolic steroids, 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA), and others
Sale or delivery of controlled substance offenses are punishable as follows:
- First degree misdemeanor: up to 1 year in jail and/or a fine of up to $1,000
- Third degree felony: up to 5 years in prison and/or a fine of up to $5,000
- Second degree felony: up to 15 years in prison and/or a fine of up to $10,000
- First degree felony: up to 30 years in prison and/or a fine of up to $10,000
Location of Delivery
You will face harsher penalties if your case involves delivery of controlled dangerous substances within 1,000 feet of certain properties. Doing so is a first degree felony with a maximum of 30 years in prison and a $10,000 fine.
These properties include:
- Places of worship
- Religious organizations
- Secondary schools between 6 a.m. and midnight
- Certain parks or facilities
- Post-secondary facilities
- Public housing facilities
- Assisted living facilities
Let us help you work toward returning to your life. Schedule a free consultation by calling (305) 928-1669 for Miami consultation. Call 954-737-3004 if you are in Broward County.
Our Firm is dedicated to client satisfaction. We are available 24/7 to help those in need.
Decades of Experience
Attorney Evan Hoffman has over two decades of experience fighting for the accused.
Premier Criminal Defense Firm
Experienced Attorney Evan Hoffman has handled some of the most high profile and complex cases.
Proven Track Record
Client satisfaction is our top priority. At The Hoffman Firm we take great pride in our success and case victories.
Florida Former State Prosecutor
Attorney Evan Hoffman has extensive knowledge of the strategies used by prosecutors throughout Florida.
Free Initial Consultation
We offer free initial consultations to ensure that we have your best interests in mind.