Put a Skilled and Trial-Proven Attorney in Your Corner
Other Criminal Offenses in Miami
Trustworthy Defense Attorney also serving Fort Lauderdale
Some crimes do not necessarily fit into one specific category. For instance, rape and indecent exposure among others fall under the category of sex crimes, but not all crimes are as easily labeled.
Below is a list of thirteen such crimes that our team at The Hoffman Firm can help defend against. We understand the stiff penalties that can follow each charge, if convicted, which is why we are committed to providing aggressive, trustworthy legal representation when our clients need it most.
If you are facing charges for any of these crimes, it is of the utmost importance that you contact an attorney who can meet with you to review your case and figure out a plan to mount a solid defense for you. Attorney Hoffman is here for you.
Choose Our Miami Criminal Defense Lawyer
Our criminal defense attorney Evan Hoffman is a former prosecutor, so he knows the criminal justice system and the law from all sides. If you are in need of a Miami attorney, there are few, if any, more committed and knowledgeable than Evan Hoffman.
If you are in Miami call (305) 928-1669 now for more information. If you are in Broward County call 954-737-3004.
Uncommon Criminal Offenses Defined
Criminal activity in Florida can encompass a wide array of categories. If you were charged with a criminal offense, make sure you understand the charges laid against you so you can protect your rights and freedom.
Other offenses include:
- Criminal Mischief: Criminal Mischief includes particular acts that involve the intentional and malicious destruction of the personal property of another, and can include graffiti as well as other related acts of vandalism. Penalties for this offense can be up to one year in prison.
- Disorderly Conduct: Disorderly Conduct usually involves public drunkenness or any public conduct such as fighting which may be deemed as disturbing the public peace. Penalties can be up to six months in prison.
- Extraditions: Extradition is the practice of one state that has arrested a person for a crime, transferring custody of the arrested person to another state in which the person is accused of having committed another crime, in response to an Extradition request or warrant.
- Fleeing and Eluding: Fleeing and Eluding is a crime that involves not stopping for a law enforcement officer when driving, and it can fall into several sub-categories. Penalties can range up to 30 years in prison.
- Florida Sentencing Enhancements: Sentencing Enhancements are increased penalties attached to a crime given to repeat criminal offenders.
- Forfeitures: Forfeitures involve the sizing of a person or entity’s property that has been deemed to have been obtained by illegal means, or purchased with money which was obtained by illegal means.
- Hate Crimes: Hate Crimes are crimes in which the motive for the crime being committed is determined to have been the victim’s race, gender, sexual orientation, etc., and can greatly increase the penalty for the crime.
- Juvenile Offenses: Juvenile offenses are crimes committed by children (minors). It is important to note that The Juvenile Justice System is somewhat different from the Adult Criminal Justice System because the focus is on rehabilitating juveniles, rather than punishing them.
- Obstruction of Justice: Obstruction of Justice is a crime that involves interfering with law enforcement, and or an investigation and can include things such as resisting arrest and altering/stealing evidence. Penalties for Obstruction of Justice Depend on the particular nature of the offense and range from misdemeanor to felony charges
- Probation Violations: Probation is given to certain convicted criminals who are deemed to have a low threat to society. Probation may include many conditions such as having to report to a Probation Officer on a regular basis. A violation occurs when the person fails to meet any requirement laid out under their particular probation by the court and can result in the probation being altered, revoked, and or being sent back to prison.
- Reckless Driving: Reckless Driving occurs when a person drives any vehicle in willful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property. Penalties can range up to one year in prison.
- Resisting Arrest: Resisting Arrest is the attempt to avoid arrest by a law enforcement officer and is a crime punishable by up to five years in prison.
The process of a criminal appeal is a very complicated process that can be lengthy and may include extensive time in courts. However, the time spent on an appeal can be well worth it because if may render a conviction overturned or nullified.
More Information on Other Criminal Offenses
- Middle District of Florida: This government site provides information about how to train Florida educators on hate crimes.
- Florida Department of Juvenile Justice: This site provides information on sealing and expunging juvenile records in Florida.
Why Choose The Hoffman Firm?
If you are fighting criminal charges, it is very important to have a reputable attorney working to protect your best interests. Evan Hoffman is someone who understands the law and knows what you are facing. Since opening our doors in 2001, we’ve proudly lived by the motto that our knowledge and experience is your best defense, and for that reason, we always put our best foot forward for our clients. If you’re facing serious allegations or criminal charges, trust our firm to represent you.
Schedule your free consultation today by calling 305-928-1669 if you case is out of Miami, 954-737-3004 if you case is out of Broward County, or contacting us online.
Why Should You Hire The Hoffman Firm? Here Are a Few Reasons:
Client-Focused RepresentationOur Firm is dedicated to client satisfaction. We are available 24/7 to help those in need.
Decades of ExperienceAttorney Evan Hoffman has over two decades of experience fighting for the accused.
Premier Criminal Defense FirmExperienced Attorney Evan Hoffman has handled some of the most high profile and complex cases.
Proven Track RecordClient satisfaction is our top priority. At The Hoffman Firm we take great pride in our success and case victories.
Florida Former State ProsecutorAttorney Evan Hoffman has extensive knowledge of the strategies used by prosecutors throughout Florida.
Free Initial ConsultationWe offer free initial consultations to ensure that we have your best interests in mind.