Put a Skilled and Trial-Proven Attorney in Your Corner
Sealing Records in Fort Lauderdale
Sealing your records is a way to remove them from public view. However, the process is complicated and requires the help of a skilled lawyer.
If you are considering sealing your records, speak with a qualified attorney. The Hoffman Firm has served hundreds of clients in Fort Lauderdale and the surrounding areas for over two decades. Choose a lawyer you can trust to fight for you.
Call The Hoffman Firm today at (305) 928-1669.
What Does it Mean to Seal a Record?
If a criminal record has been sealed, a record confidentially remains on file with the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) as well as the courthouse and criminal justice agency that handled the case, but the record is not viewable by the public.
Essentially, sealing a record removes it from view, but it is still accessible within the Florida judicial system. However, keep in mind that some crimes cannot be sealed.
Crimes That Cannot Be Sealed
People cannot seal their records if they were ever adjudicated guilty, if they are in any diversion program or under court supervision, or if they have previously sealed or expunged separate offenses from their criminal records. Alleged offenders also cannot seal criminal records if they were found guilty or pleaded guilty or nolo contrendere (no contest) to certain violations of state law even when adjudication was withheld.
Individuals are ineligible to have their records sealed if their arrests involved any one of the following offenses classified as a “dangerous crime” under Florida Statute § 907.041(4)(a):
- Aggravated assault
- Aggravated battery
- Illegal use of explosives
- Child abuse or aggravated child abuse
- Abuse of an elderly person or disabled adult, or aggravated abuse of an elderly person or disabled adult
- Aircraft piracy
- Sexual battery
- Lewd, lascivious, or indecent assault or act upon or in presence of a child under the age of 16 years
- Sexual activity with a child, who is 12 years of age or older but less than 18 years of age, by or at solicitation of person in familial or custodial authority
- Burglary of a dwelling
- Stalking and aggravated stalking
- Act of domestic violence
- Home invasion robbery
- Act of terrorism
- Manufacturing any substances in violation of the Florida Comprehensive Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Act
- Attempting or conspiring to commit any crime listed above
Do you need help sealing your criminal record in Florida? The Hoffman Firm assists clients with the complex paperwork involved in criminal record sealing cases. Our attorney in Miami is here for you every step of the way.
Our firm can help with all of the following:
- Asset Forfeiture
- Bail Bond
- Conditions of Pretrial Release
- Criminal Appeals
- Dependency and Termination of Parental Rights
- Disorderly Conduct
- Domestic Violence
- Drug Crimes
- Early Termination of Probation
- Failure to Appear
- False Imprisonment
- Federal Defense
- Florida Sentencing Enhancements
- Firearm and Weapon Offenses
- First Appearance or Magistrate Hearings
- First Time Offenders
- Juvenile Offenses
- Obstruction of Justice
- Other Criminal Offenses
- Pretrial Intervention
- Resisting Arrest
- Restoration of Civil Rights
- Sealing Records and Expungement
- Sex Crimes
- Theft Property Crimes
- Violent Crimes
- Violation of Probation
- White Collar Crimes
When you need an experienced attorney to help you with the record sealing process, choose The Hoffman Firm. Contact us today to find out how we can help you.
Client-Focused RepresentationOur Firm is dedicated to client satisfaction. We are available 24/7 to help those in need.
Decades of ExperienceAttorney Evan Hoffman has over two decades of experience fighting for the accused.
Premier Criminal Defense FirmExperienced Attorney Evan Hoffman has handled some of the most high profile and complex cases.
Proven Track RecordClient satisfaction is our top priority. At The Hoffman Firm we take great pride in our success and case victories.
Florida Former State ProsecutorAttorney Evan Hoffman has extensive knowledge of the strategies used by prosecutors throughout Florida.
Free Initial ConsultationWe offer free initial consultations to ensure that we have your best interests in mind.