Evan Hoffman of The Hoffman Firm has dedicated his professional career to advocating for the rights of individuals across Florida, first as a state prosecutor and now as a skilled criminal defense attorney. He has over 17 years of complex criminal trial experience. In 1998,
Hoffman started his legal career as Assistant State Prosecutor with the Broward County State Attorney's Office. There, he prosecuted defendants charged with both misdemeanor and felony offenses, including battery, possession of a controlled substance, and driving under the influence (DUI). During his tenure, he handled over 100 jury trials to verdict and over 120 non-jury trials.
After several years as a prosecutor, Hoffman decided to use his in-depth knowledge of the prosecution's tactics and strategies to build the strongest defense on behalf of individuals charged with crimes in Miami and throughout Florida. Hoffman founded The Hoffman Firm with this philosophy in mind: Our knowledge and experience are your best defense.
Hoffman has been a featured author on criminal law issues such as driving under the influence, domestic violence, and illegal searches and seizures. As of 2016, Hoffman was the only attorney in South Florida to uncover a fundamental error in a particular breath test machine used for prosecuting DUIs.
As a result of his unfettered determination, it was uncovered that upwards of 50 people were wrongly convicted of DUI. As a result, his client's charges were dropped. That experience was documented by a local channel 10 Eyewitness News.
The Hoffman Firm represent clients across Miami-Dade County, Florida, including Miami, Miami Beach, Coral Gables, Homestead, Hialeah, Doral, Aventura, North Miami, South Miami, Key Biscayne, and surrounding areas.
In the News
- Former Miami Beach ATV Cop Fights Felony Charges, CBS Miami, August 25, 2011
- Officers Disciplined After Miami Beach Police Probe, CBS Miami, October 12, 2011
- Surveillance Tape May Help Fired Miami Beach Officer, CBS Miami, December 20, 2011
- Prosecutors Release Evidence from Miami Beach ATV Accident, NBC Miami, January 11, 2012
- Ex-Miami Beach Cop Won't Take the Stand in DUI Trial, CBS Miami, June 4, 2014
- Ex-Beach Cop Charged in ATV Joyride, CBS Miami, June 9, 2014
- See more of Evan Hoffman's high-profile cases in the media here.