Fort Lauderdale Drug Crimes Lawyer
Defending Clients Accused of Serious Narcotics Offenses
In Florida, most of the arrests we see are related to controlled substances in one way or another. Like most states, the law takes drug crimes very seriously here. Whether it’s the possession, trafficking, or manufacture of drugs, you could face extremely stiff penalties for a conviction – including a lengthy prison sentence and steep fines.
Fighting drug crime charges and mitigating the potential impact of a conviction requires professional legal assistance. At The Hoffman Law Firm, we offer such legal support for clients who are accused of all kinds of narcotics offenses – many of which are felonies. Rest assured that when we take you on as a client, our goal is to do everything possible to help you achieve the best possible outcome for your legal situation. Like any attorney, we can’t guarantee results, but we do know that our personalized approach can make a difference in cases like yours.
For more information about how The Hoffman Law Firm can help, contact our drug crimes lawyer in Fort Lauderdale online or call 954-737-3004.
What We Can Do for Our Clients
The Hoffman Law Firm can represent clients accused of any drug crime. Because all drug crimes are serious charges, you should always seek professional legal counsel before speaking with investigators. Only your attorney has your best interests in mind during this process and can provide the legal counsel you need to protect your civil rights.
We commonly handle the following drug-related issues for our clients:
- Drug paraphernalia
- Drug trafficking
- Cocaine trafficking
- Transporting drugs
- Drug manufacturing
- Conspiracy to manufacture
- Manufacturing methamphetamine
- Possession of a controlled substance
- Possession with intent to sell
- Prescription drug crimes
- Sale or delivery of a controlled substance
- Drug court
- Marijuana crimes
- Marijuana cultivation grow house
- Misdemeanor marijuana possession
- Felony marijuana possession
- Marijuana trafficking
- Medical marijuana
- THC concentrates
- Federal marijuana laws
- Heroin crimes
- Meth crimes
If you are facing criminal charges or matters such as these, reach out to our drug crimes attorney in Fort Lauderdale for legal assistance. By applying a customized strategy to your legal defense, we may be able to help you mitigate the impact of a conviction or avoid one altogether. Take advantage of a free consultation with us to learn more!
Drug Schedules in Florida
Under the Controlled Substances Act (CSA) of 1970, there are five federal drug schedules. These are categories of controlled substances that organize drugs by their potential for abuse and usefulness for medical treatment.
The drug schedules in Florida are as follows:
- Schedule I – These are substances that have a high risk for abuse, have no accepted medical treatment applications in the U.S., and do not meet accepted safety standards even when used under medical supervision. Examples include cannabis (marijuana), heroin, lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD), gamma-hydroxybutyric acid (GHB), and 3,4-Methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA or ecstasy).
- Schedule II – These substances have a high risk for abuse but also have accepted medical treatment in the U.S., albeit in a very limited capacity. Abuse of these drugs can lead to severe physiological or psychological dependence. Examples include methamphetamine, opium, cocaine, and hydrocodone.
- Schedule III – These substances have a risk for abuse that’s less than that of Schedules I and II drugs. There are currently accepted medical applications for Schedule III drugs, although abuse can lead to some physical dependence or high psychological dependence. In some cases, they can also damage the body. Examples include ketamine, anabolic steroids, nalorphine, and dronabinol (a synthetic tetrahydrocannabinol (THC).
- Schedule IV – These substances have a lowered potential for abuse and have currently accepted medical uses in the U.S. Examples include Xanax, Klonopin, Valium, and Ativan.
- Schedule V – These substances have the lowest risk for abuse and have currently accepted medical applications in the U.S. Abuse, mixtures, and preparations of these drugs can have similar physiological and psychological effects compared to Schedule IV drugs. Examples include many over-the-counter medications, especially those that contain codeine, opium, diphenoxylate, and dihydrocodeine.
Do You Need Legal Assistance?
If you need a drug crimes lawyer in Fort Lauderdale, reach out to The Hoffman Law Firm for help. Our firm is dedicated to providing our clients with responsive and effective legal representation. We can help you prepare and execute a personalized legal strategy that can help you obtain the best possible results in your case.
Everyone’s situation is different, so your best possible outcome may involve anything from dismissed charges, lowered charges, acquittal at trial, or a reduced sentence if convicted. If you need someone to stand up for you in court, The Hoffman Law Firm can help. Get in touch with us today and request a free initial consultation to get started.
Call (305) 928-1669 or contact us online to learn more.
Client-Focused RepresentationOur Firm is dedicated to client satisfaction. We are available 24/7 to help those in need.
Decades of ExperienceAttorney Evan Hoffman has over two decades of experience fighting for the accused.
Premier Criminal Defense FirmExperienced Attorney Evan Hoffman has handled some of the most high profile and complex cases.
Proven Track RecordClient satisfaction is our top priority. At The Hoffman Firm we take great pride in our success and case victories.
Florida Former State ProsecutorAttorney Evan Hoffman has extensive knowledge of the strategies used by prosecutors throughout Florida.
Free Initial ConsultationWe offer free initial consultations to ensure that we have your best interests in mind.