Fort Lauderdale Sex Crimes
A Strong Defense
Few crimes will destroy your reputation like accusations of sexual misconduct. Even an arrest for alleged misconduct can ruin your future and potential.
At The Hoffman Firm, we believe that anyone accused of sexual misconduct deserves high-quality legal representation. Attorney Hoffman has fearlessly defended clients for over 20 years, and he is well-versed in the law as it applies to your case.
Call our Ft. Lauderdale sex crimes lawyer at 954-737-3004.
What Are Sex Crimes?
Florida law defines sex crimes as instances of misconduct, violence, or abuse of a sexual nature against an adult or minor. Depending on the severity of the crime, alleged offenders could face jail time or be added to the sex offender registry.
The most commonly prosecuted sex crimes in Fort Lauderdale and their definitions include:
- Child pornography: the creation, participation, or sale of photographic or video content involving sexual misconduct with a child
- Internet solicitation: the sale of sexual acts through an online forum
- Statutory rape: actions of a sexual nature between an adult and a minor
- Lewd or lascivious molestation: sexual contact between a child younger than 16 and an adult
- Prostitution and solicitation: the participation or sale of sexual favors
- Sexual battery and rape: committing non-consensual oral, anal, or vaginal contact with another person
- Child molestation: sexual contact with a child under 16
- Revenge porn: a form of harassment where one person maliciously publishes photos or videos of another on the internet without their consent or knowledge
- Date rape: non-consensual sexual acts within a dating relationship
- Unlawful sexual activity with a minor: when an adult 24 years or older engages in sexual misconduct with a minor younger than 17
The above crimes often result in hefty fines and prison time, especially if there is evidence that the alleged offense happened with a minor. In addition to a criminal record and time behind bars, convicted offenders face life-long stigma on the sex offender registry.
Ft. Lauderdale Sex Offender Registry
Even after offenders have served their sentence, the court may order them to register as sex offenders. Registration may be for many years or life, depending on the final verdict from the court.
It is also important to understand that registered sex offenders face other penalties. For example, sex offenders must notify local law enforcement if they move or relocate, and when they do, that information is posted publicly.
Most registries also have restrictions on where offenders can live. Especially for crimes against minors, offenders may not be allowed to live within a certain distance of playgrounds, schools, or areas where children congregate.
Landlords and other housing authorities don’t view registered sex offenders favorably. If you have a record that includes a sex crime, houses, condos, apartments, and duplexes may be out of your reach.
While it may seem tempting to avoid registering, Skipping out on the registry is a third-degree felony punishable by time in prison.
Protect Your Future
Charges of sexual misconduct can destroy your future – but they don’t have to. The Hoffman Firm has over two decades of experience handling complex sex crime cases in and out of the courtroom. With client-focused representation and a proven track record, you can be sure that our firm will provide the strong defense you deserve.
Entrust your case to an attorney who cares. Contact our Ft. Lauderdale sex crime attorney today.
Client-Focused RepresentationOur Firm is dedicated to client satisfaction. We are available 24/7 to help those in need.
Decades of ExperienceAttorney Evan Hoffman has over two decades of experience fighting for the accused.
Premier Criminal Defense FirmExperienced Attorney Evan Hoffman has handled some of the most high profile and complex cases.
Proven Track RecordClient satisfaction is our top priority. At The Hoffman Firm we take great pride in our success and case victories.
Florida Former State ProsecutorAttorney Evan Hoffman has extensive knowledge of the strategies used by prosecutors throughout Florida.
Free Initial ConsultationWe offer free initial consultations to ensure that we have your best interests in mind.