Put a Skilled and Trial-Proven Attorney in Your Corner
Suspended License Lawyer
Aggressive, Experienced License Suspension Attorney in Miami
If your Florida driver’s license has been suspended or revoked as a result of a DUI or other traffic violations, you need to work with a skilled defense attorney to protect your rights. Without a license, everyday tasks can become exponentially more difficult, or even impossible. Picking up your kids from school or driving to the grocery store could become impossible without a valid license, which is why avoiding a suspension or revocation is essential.
DUI arrests and other traffic violations are more than a minor inconvenience, they can have lasting legal consequences that can impact your life for years to come. DUIs and serial traffic offenses can become permanent black marks on your record could lead to a permanent loss of your driver’s license in addition to jail time and expensive fines. If you have had your license suspended due to these types of offenses, you need the help of an experienced, knowledgeable defense attorney.
Our Miami Suspended License Lawyer Can Help
Miami criminal defense attorney Evan Hoffman of The Hoffman Firm can help use his legal skill to build a case on your behalf and help you get your license back. Our suspended license lawyer has helped hundreds of Florida citizens regain their driving privileges and pursue a suspended license defense. He has even assisted those with multiple suspensions and extensive serious traffic violations.
Our team at The Hoffman Firm can walk you through the hearing process and aggressively represent your case before the Florida DMV. With years of experience as a defense attorney, Evan Hoffman is familiar with the courtroom and is prepared to advocate for your rights. If at all possible, our team can pursue the option to drop or reduce your charges.
According to Florida law, §322.27 grants the department the right to suspend an individual’s license or identification card without a preliminary hearing if there are records of wrongdoing or sufficient evidence.
To warrant a driver's license suspension, the evidence must prove that the individual:
- Violated any traffic law resulting in a crash that caused death or personal injury of another person, or resulted in property damage in excess of $500;
- Is incompetent in a way that prevents them from operating a motor vehicle;
- Permitted illegal or fraudulent use of the license or has knowingly been involved in obtaining a license by fraud or misrepresentation.
- Participated in the display of a driver license or identification card not issued to them;
- Committed an offense in another state which, if committed in Florida, would be grounds for suspension or revocation;
- Committed a second or subsequent violation of 316.172 within five years of the previous violation.
An arrest for DUI in Florida results in automatic and immediate suspension of the accused person’s driver’s license. This penalty occurs in addition to the punishments for drunk driving. Once the arresting law enforcement officer issues a temporary driving permit, the individual is able to drive until their hearing, where they will appear before the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (DHSMV).
Penalties for Driving with an Invalid License
If you are caught driving without a valid Florida driver’s license, you could face several serious legal penalties. Whether your license is expired, suspended, or otherwise invalid, you could be charged with a misdemeanor or felony, depending on the circumstances.
Under §322.34, a person found guilty of driving with a suspended license may face any of the following consequences:
- First conviction: second-degree misdemeanor;
- Second conviction: first-degree misdemeanor; or
- Third or subsequent conviction: third-degree felony
Driving while your license is suspended is a serious offense and may result in the extension of an existing suspension, or the driver’s license could be taken away permanently.
Florida Code §322.264 defines a habitual traffic offender as any person whose record shows an accumulation of any of a specific number of convictions for offenses within a five-year period.
Habitual offenders face three or more convictions of any of the following offenses:
- Voluntary or involuntary manslaughter resulting from operation of a motor vehicle;
- Any violation of s. 316.193, former s. 316. 1931, or former s. 860.01;
- Any felony committed while using a motor vehicle;
- Driving a motor vehicle with a suspended license;
- Failing to stop and give aid as required by state law in the event of a crash resulting in death or personal injury of another; or
- Driving a commercial motor vehicle under disqualified circumstances.
More Information About Suspended License in Florida
- Online Sunshine: Find Florida’s license suspension requirements and penalties in their entirety via The Florida Legislature’s official site.
- FLHSMV: Search this Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles website to find information on traffic fine fees, traffic hearings, and appeals for judgments on traffic offenses.
Let Our Miami Suspended License Lawyer Help You
If you’re facing a suspended license, your situation may seem hopeless, but obtaining aggressive legal defense could be instrumental in preserving your rights and protecting your future. Evan Hoffman can use his legal experience to uncover the actions that led to your driver’s license suspension and help find the best available legal strategy to protect your rights. If any relief is possible, including obtaining a valid license, Mr. Hoffman can help find alternative options that work best for you.
If you lost your Florida driver’s license because of a DUI or multiple traffic offenses in Miami, Florida, contact criminal defense attorney Evan Hoffman at The Hoffman Firm to discuss the possibility of a suspended driver’s license restoration.
Client-Focused RepresentationOur Firm is dedicated to client satisfaction. We are available 24/7 to help those in need.
Decades of ExperienceAttorney Evan Hoffman has over two decades of experience fighting for the accused.
Premier Criminal Defense FirmExperienced Attorney Evan Hoffman has handled some of the most high profile and complex cases.
Proven Track RecordClient satisfaction is our top priority. At The Hoffman Firm we take great pride in our success and case victories.
Florida Former State ProsecutorAttorney Evan Hoffman has extensive knowledge of the strategies used by prosecutors throughout Florida.
Free Initial ConsultationWe offer free initial consultations to ensure that we have your best interests in mind.